Kerry Deane-Cloutier, Partner
Kerry has been practicing law for 19 years. Her practice has evolved from a generalist practice to one restricted to trial and appellate work with a specific focus on personal injury, estate litigation and committeeship applications.
Kerry obtained her Bachelor of Science in Physics from the University of Alberta in 1988, and her law degree from the University of BC in 1992. Kerry’s science background has given her a sharply analytical perspective on complex problems. At the same time, she never forgets the practical aspects and the emotional needs of clients involved in litigation.
Kerry is an avid long distance runner and has completed many half marathons. She is also an enthusiast of woodturning, scuba diving, coffee and mixology. She lives in Coquitlam with her husband Dennis and their two golden retrievers.
- Representing people injured in car accidents
- Acting for children with mentally incompetent parents to obtain an order appointing them as committee of the patient(s)
- Acting for people who oppose the appointment of the proposed committee
- Acting for children who have been disinherited by their parent
- Preparing Powers of Attorney and Representation Agreements to help people plan for their future
Memberships & Professional Affiliations:
- Trial Lawyers Association of BC, Benefactor Member
- Canadian Bar Association
- President, BC Crafters Association
- Past-president, Greater Vancouver Woodturners Guild
- Access Pro Bono – Regular contributor at legal advice clinics
- SHARE Family and Community Services, Board Member, 1994 – 1999
- LLB, UBC, 1992
- B.Sc. (Physics) University of Alberta, 1988
Year of Call & Jurisdiction:
- 1993, British Columbia